devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 16:23:59 +0900

Hi,

I'll tell my progress during this and last months.

On Tue, 04 Feb 2014 17:53:06 +0100
David Verdin <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I had a talk with my management ten days ago, and here is the expected
> schedule for Sympa in 2014:
>
> * 6.2 version expected in beta by the end of February, stable by the
> end of April

* Coverage by automated integration test already has been more or
less broader.

Integration test will be paused until additional test data are
provided. See authors' only space about current status.

While waiting, I wish to go on refactoring about spool.
In sympa-6.2-branch-old, spool classes were implemented based on
both filesystem and RDBMS then latter was withdrawn later.
Thanks to our experience in older branch, works on current
sympa-6.2-branch will not need tracing such roundabout.

Repeatable integration tests make bold refactoring easier without
concerning unstability. That's why I think I may start this work
right now.

Regards,

--- Soji

> * 7.0 version expected in beta by the end of May, stable in July
> * 7.1 version expected in beta by the end of December.
>
> 7.1 should contain SaaS functionnalities (config edition through the
> web, refactored configuration management, eased virtual host deplyment).
> You can add whatever you like in this version as soon as it fits within
> the end-of-the-year deadline.
> That gives us indicators for our work on Sympa.
> A word about this schedule?
>
> Best regards,
>
> David
>
> --
> A bug in Sympa? Quick! To the bug tracker!
> <https://sourcesup.renater.fr/tracker/?group_id=23>
> RENATER logo
> *David Verdin*
> Études et projets applicatifs