devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 18:14:00 +0100

Hello Soji.

Le 01/03/2014 03:11, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
I remember that a big picture describing relation between Sympa
modules was posted in the last year (or probably the year before
last). Since then, I have been waiting for the new picture
describing Guillaume's plan to reorder or refactor modules. If
such plan will be presented at first, our collabolative work would
have clearer visibility.
Those graphes were made using prereq-grapher:
http://blogs.perl.org/users/neilb/2012/12/prereq-grapher.html

Here is an updated version, centered about our biggest monster, Sympa::List, produced with the following options:
prereq-grapher -d 4 -no-core -o list.dot Sympa::List
dot -Tsvg list.dot -o list.svg

You should easily be able to produce graphes for other classes. Warning, don't use direct SVG rendering throuhg -svg option of prereq-grapher, it usually timeout when using any graph depth > 2...

I've also tried to use autodia, to produce UML diagrams of class inheritances automatically, but the tools seems to be too much oudated to produce any useful result

BTW, this is just current state of the codebase, not a target plan. I first need to reactivate all the dependencies which have been commented out before being able to draw such as plan, but it basically turns down to distributing sympa code in stacked layers:
- executables
- first-class concepts such as list, message, scenario, etc...,
as objects
- utilities, as functions

And to avoid dependencies against upper layers, ie function in Tools package should not have any kind of direct dependencies against configuration or logger, for instance.
--
Guillaume Rousse
INRIA, Direction des systèmes d'information