devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] Release dates for Sympa
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 11:11:11 +0900

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 12:05:46 +0900
IKEDA Soji <address@concealed> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 14:43:48 +0100
> Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed> wrote:
>
> > Le 19/02/2014 05:38, IKEDA Soji a écrit :
> > > Hi,
> > > I'll tell you my recent work.
> > >
> > > On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 22:53:56 +0900
> > > IKEDA Soji <address@concealed> wrote:

<<snip>>

> > > Done, however, careful tests are required.
> > This kind of changes would better have been introduced in the trunk
> > first, and backported to 6.2 later.
>
> Okey, I'll merge this change into current trunk. Please wait for
> a week.
>
> If you feel inconvenience in any additions to any branches, please
> feel free to inform us. I (or any of else) will merge those changes
> into branch you are working on, trunk.
>
> According to current release plan, I suppose that complete merger
> between trunk and release branch will be obtained when 7.0 will be
> released.
>
> Why I suppose such is: Several reorderings and refactorings had been
> and will be made on former and several addtions and bug fixes had
> been and will be made on latter. Both of them are irreconcilable.
>
> However, significant changes will be shared between both branches
> as necessary, even if we will have to submit to "doublethink".

Done.

| sympa[10317] trunk: [svn] Retrieving changes on Sympa::LockedFile from
sympa-6.2-branch.
| Revision 10317 Author sikeda Date 2014-03-01 02:46:28 +0100 (sam. 01 mars
2014)
| Log Message[svn] Retrieving changes on Sympa::LockedFile from
sympa-6.2-branch.

I'll tell what I did, then give some comments.

-------------------- >8 -------------------- >8 --------------------
$ svn co https://svn.renater.fr/sympa/trunk sympa-trunk.HEAD
$ cd sympa-trunk.HEAD
$ svn mv src/lib/Sympa/Bulk.pm src/lib/Bulk.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/Sympa/Conf.pm src/lib/Conf.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/Sympa/List.pm src/lib/List.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/Sympa/Admin.pm src/lib/admin.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/Sympa/ConfDef.pm src/lib/confdef.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/Sympa/ModDef.pm src/lib/moddef.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/Sympa/Tools.pm src/lib/tools.pm
$ svn mv src/bin/sympa_wizard.pl.in src/sympa_wizard.pl.in
$ svn merge -x -b -c 10266,10310,10312,10316
https://svn.renater.fr/sympa/branches/sympa-6.2-branch

(Resolving conflicts)

$ svn merge -x -b -c 10266,10312,10316
https://svn.renater.fr/sympa/branches/sympa-6.2-branch

(Resolving conflicts)

$ svn merge -x -b -c 10266,10312,10316
https://svn.renater.fr/sympa/branches/sympa-6.2-branch

(Resolving conflicts)

$ svn merge -x -b -c 10266,10312,10316
https://svn.renater.fr/sympa/branches/sympa-6.2-branch

(Resolving conflicts)

$ perltidy -b src/sympa_wizard.pl.in src/lib/Bulk.pm src/lib/moddef.pm
src/lib/tools.pm src/lib/confdef.pm src/lib/List.pm src/lib/Conf.pm
src/lib/admin.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/Bulk.pm src/lib/Sympa/Bulk.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/Conf.pm src/lib/Sympa/Conf.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/List.pm src/lib/Sympa/List.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/admin.pm src/lib/Sympa/Admin.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/confdef.pm src/lib/Sympa/ConfDef.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/moddef.pm src/lib/Sympa/ModDef.pm
$ svn mv src/lib/tools.pm src/lib/Sympa/Tools.pm
$ svn mv src/sympa_wizard.pl.in src/bin/sympa_wizard.pl.in
$ svn commit -m '[svn] Retrieving changes on Sympa::LockedFile from
sympa-6.2-branch.'
-------------------- 8< -------------------- 8< --------------------

Comments:

I'm planning to write a script replaying and reverting Guillaume's
reordering (not only places of files but also renaming of
subroutines) on local checkout. Such script will help our work much.
But there is a problem: Even if script was there, we have not known
how reordering would be done.

I remember that a big picture describing relation between Sympa
modules was posted in the last year (or probably the year before
last). Since then, I have been waiting for the new picture
describing Guillaume's plan to reorder or refactor modules. If
such plan will be presented at first, our collabolative work would
have clearer visibility.

Regards,

--- Soji

--