devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] "Let's work together" plan ;)

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] "Let's work together" plan ;)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 22:40:56 +0900

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 15:04:48 +0200
Guillaume Rousse <address@concealed> wrote:

> I may add security also as a personal interest. After all, I'm supposed
> to work as a security engineer here :) I'm dreaming of running sympa
> daemons and web interface under taint mode, for instance, but given the
> current code base, I'd rather make it a priority.

I added your interest (and mine) to developers' space for my memory:
https://www.sympa.org/developpers/index#wished_developments
I cannot explain effect of taint mode well. It may be modified it as you
like.

> [..]
> >> It's very clear. :-)
> >> My opinion is that we should try to accept his ideas for a start. As I
> >> stated in my mail, we don't have to observe him silently and we can
> >> debate his choices. The only important point is that, if we the
> >> discussion reaches a dead end, he is the one that will have the last
> >> say.
> >
> > I got it. At last Guillaume brings the hammer down, all of the else
> > shall sit up.
> I feel deeply honoured, but that's a bit too much responsability for me.
>
> First, I can be as wrong as everyone else, but as any other 'expert',
> I'm far most dangereous when I am :) Second, my official current time
> allocation on the project (which has to be rediscuted soon...) doesn't
> offer enough availabilty ensurance for this role.
>
> I'd prefer than whatever the topic is (code refactoring, new feature
> addition, etc...) the final decision belongs to David. This would allows
> to weighs purely technical concerns with other concerns than we isolated
> developers often ignore. And as he just reminded us, he's the guy in
> charge of the project, after all :)
>
> For everything else, I perfectly agree with David's proposal, and I also
> concur than I don't intend to be the only one actually working during
> half of the development cycle. I expect others to continue to commit
> change directly, if needed, and to review my changes also. Which reminds
> me the sympa-commits mailing-list seems to be down for almost 2 weeks now...

I also felt suspisious none commit anything. It happens.

--
株式会社 コンバージョン セキュリティ&OSSソリューション部 池田荘児
〒231-0004 神奈川県横浜市中区元浜町3-21-2 ヘリオス関内ビル7F