devel - Re: [sympa-developpers] 6.1.16, riseup patch, db_cache enabled …

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Marc Chantreux <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-developpers] 6.1.16, riseup patch, db_cache enabled …
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:31:34 +0100

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 02:14:32PM +0900, IKEDA Soji wrote:
> To cross over process boundary, I suppose other mechanisms such
> as shread memory (e.g. Cache::FastMMap) would be used by 6.3.

IMHO, the goal would be
* remove the DBMS: we really don't need it and it's anoying for
administration (for example, i'm really sad i can't use git
to store the history)
* add a cache system which could be networkable because really huge
sites could need a distributed infrastructure (i would choose redis)
* use robot and listname as prefix to gain the expected granuarity
* don't check the state of the configuration file in the FS: use
temporary files and "push to cache" mechanism instead.
rewrite the parser to speed the things up: a site with less than 500
lists (i think this is the majority of the sites) would run fast enougth
without any cache system.

regards
marc