devel - Re: [sympa-dev] help Customizing wwsympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Sébastien Santoro <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] help Customizing wwsympa
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 23:44:31 +0200

Good evening,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Thomas BIZOUERNE
<address@concealed> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We set up a web portal for students and teachers (High School), and the need
> of mailing lists is coming...
> We chose Sympa 6.1.4 to manage our futur lists, but we need to simplify the
> wwsympa user interface because it is to complicated for our High School
> teachers.
>
> I started to remove/hide some things :
> (...)
> All that was pretty simple, but now, I want to group all the
> "edit_list_request" page parameters on ONE page. Indeed, i don't want to
> have
> 5 or 6 groups of params : "description", "sending" etc...
> (...)
> Is it possible to modify this page according to what I want ? Or must I
> create
> a new custom action ? (if yes, how can I access the list parameters ? is
> there
> any pre-defined variable containing the parameters ?)

Another approach could be to design your own user interface, and then
use the SOAP webservice to interact with Sympa:
http://www.sympa.org/manual/soap

This also have the benefit to be a more flexible solution, which
allows tighter integration with your web portal.

--
Sébastien Santoro aka Dereckson
http://www.dereckson.be/