devel - [sympa-dev] The & and XML files

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Chris Andrews" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] The & and XML files
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:20:28 -0500

Sorry to be a pain in the ass. I am migrating from Majordomo to Sympa -
hopefully any day now. I am not using families, I am using to old way of
creating lists. I wrote a script that created XML files for each list I was
bringing over. I found that if there was a & any where in the XML file text
(email address, subject, or description) that the import would fail. To get
around this I simply removed or change the & to and in the subject and owner
email address files. I then just put in a dumby description and when the
migration was complete I just copied the Majordomo info files over the Sympa
info files for the lists.

The error messages implied that a following ; was missing - I am assuming it
wanted &XXXX; Is there a simple way to get the XML parser to just see the &
as a & instead of a leading char of a char code? May be a plain text XML
parser.

---
Chris Andrews
Boston College