devel - RE: [sympa-dev] Management of bouncers > action: remove_bouncers

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Jason Holland" <address@concealed>
  • To: "David Verdin" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-dev] Management of bouncers > action: remove_bouncers
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:30:53 -0600

Thanks for the info David!

We maintain a database that contains more than email information, stuff like
names, addresses, transactions, orders, subscriptions, etc. This database is
a multivalue database and since Sympa can't "talk" to our type of database we
are using MySQL for Sympa.

I wrote a program that will export our email data so it can be imported into
Sympa, now I need to write a program that can "mirror" Sympa's bounce
management. So my goal is whenever Sympa removes a bounced email I want our
main database to be updated too so we don't keep creating new email lists
with bad email addresses.

Thanks again!
Jason