devel - Re: [sympa-dev] The & and XML files

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Stephen Braswell <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] The & and XML files
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:53:39 -0500

The error messages implied that a following ; was missing - I am assuming
it wanted &XXXX; Is there a simple way to get the XML parser to just see
the & as a & instead of a leading char of a char code? May be a plain
text XML parser.

The ampersand is a special character in XML. The parser probably wants the ampersand formatted as '&amp;' like in other markup languages. I don't know, however, whether it will be translated back to '&' once the data is imported.

-Stephen