devel - [sympa-dev] Re: Backporting createlist soap feature to sympa 5.2 branch ?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Olivier Berger <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: Backporting createlist soap feature to sympa 5.2 branch ?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:41:30 +0100

Olivier Berger wrote:
Hi.

I'm in need of using the createlist soap interface of sympa, for ou
Picoforge project (http://www.picoforge.org/), for the integration
between phpgroupware and sympa, instead of the current hack in the
backend...

It seems to me that the createlist method only made its first occurrence
in the SOAP interface in the 5.3 branch...

However, we seek to keeping up with the 5.2 stable branch (and Debian
packages as much as possible).

I'm wondering if it would be a big work to backport createlist into
5.2.x ... which of course would need some work on the Debian patches,
custom packages, etc. ;)

Any hints much welcome.
It's a important work and the result will be quite far from the debian package.

You should prefer one of the following alternative :

* use tar.gz as a replacement of .deb so you can install 5.3b that
will be ready this week
* wait until sympa 5.3 debian package is ready or why not contact
the debian Sympa maintainer's and propose some help to prepare
the new package.

Regards
Serge