devel - [sympa-dev] Re: Re: triggering automatic login?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: John-Paul Robinson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Re: Re: triggering automatic login?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:53:08 +0100

The way we manage so-called "referer" during authentication is far from perfect.
It works quite well for Sympa native authentication but I don't think it works while using Single Sign-On systems.
The reason for behind that is that we use hidden form variables to carry the operation that was initially requested. This "referer" is well carried though Sympa native authentication methods but it's more tricky external SSO systems.

We're currently working on refactoring Sympa session management ; it will be a good opportunity to carry referer information along with the user session...

John-Paul Robinson wrote:
Thanks Olivier. That's likely to do it. It looks as if when the URL:

http://myhost/sympa/admin/listname

is entered and I'm not authenticated it prompts for authentication.
Will the user get returned to this URL after authentication is completed
when Shib (or other redirecting technology) is used?

Olivier Salaün - CRU wrote:
You mean providing the login banner if an authorization error is raised
on the web interface ?

Sympa 5.1 and later versions have a different web layout that carries an
authentication area that either provides the login banner or the user
identity and profile. Check our web site http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/

John-Paul Robinson wrote:
I was wondering if there was a configuration way to trigger login to
havppen automatically if an authorization denied message would
otherwise be returned? I'm still working with 5.0.