devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Keeping up with Sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Keeping up with Sympa
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:09:29 -0500

On Feb 27, 2006, at 2:27 PM, John-Paul Robinson wrote:

I'd like to start keeping closer tabs on the latest work going on in Sympa
and am wondering how best to do this. Would it be OK to work with the CVS
HEAD in order to have access to your latest work (and build my edits
around that) or is the HEAD generally unstable. I'm not looking for
production-level stability here, but I would expect things not to blow up.
:)

We're using 5.1.2 here, and on our production server we intend to only track released versions of Sympa -- our test server may be running anything from a released production version to HEAD to a specific rev, depending on what we need on any given day for testing purposes. I'd probably avoid using HEAD for production use, but I tend to be somewhat conservative in stuff like this and we have the good fortunes of having a test environment, so your needs may vary.

Thanks,
Jeff