devel - RE: [sympa-dev] Loop Prevention

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Paul Haldane" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-dev] Loop Prevention
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:39:46 -0000

That's certainly desirable - it's what we do in Mailbase (which is what we're
busy replacing with Sympa).

> I believe I can produce the code for
> this using the latest CVS HEAD as my working copy. Hopefully
> I'll be able to start working on this next week. Does this sound
> like a good plan and something that will benefit more than just us at Duke?

Sounds sensible to me and would be useful to us. We use lists for a wide
variety of purposes from traditional discussion lists (where we would want to
divert (or possibly just junk) mail errors, out-of-office messages etc to the
owners) to small lists used to route system messages to operations staff
(where we probably want everything sent to the list to go the the list
members).

Paul