devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Loop Prevention

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • To: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Loop Prevention
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:23:50 -0500

On Feb 15, 2006, at 2:11 AM, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites wrote:

If needed we can add one more sympa.conf parameter with default value would be 'mailer-daemon|sympa|listserv|mailman|majordomo| smartlist' so you can change it the way you want. It's really easy to do excepted that we have to find a name for this parameter, something like loop_prevention_sender_regexp

Serge,

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Something occurred to me as I was thinking about this problem -- if this were a configuration variable then we could utilize scenarios to determine whether or not a given list dropped messages from senders matching that variable, couldn't we? I would propose we pull this hard-coded regex out of sympa.pl, add it as an option to sympa.conf or robot configs, set the default scenarios to reject based on that default string, and add an additional action for send.* scenarios: owner, which would send the message in question along to the list's owners (which we would want). I believe I can produce the code for this using the latest CVS HEAD as my working copy. Hopefully I'll be able to start working on this next week. Does this sound like a good plan and something that will benefit more than just us at Duke?

Thanks,
Jeff