devel - Re: [sympa-dev] en_US Translation and Templates

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] en_US Translation and Templates
  • Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:30:47 -0500

On Dec 1, 2005, at 3:38 PM, Olivier Salaün wrote:

Fixing the msgstr entries in en_US is a good start and has the advantage of not disturbing all other translations of Sympa. On the other end other translations might certainly benefit from a better (and more precise) English version of strings to translate.

I've got en_US.po from Rosetta loaded up in Vim as I write this. Would you like me to simply upload the whole, updated en_US.po to Rosetta once I've made my (initially minor) changes, would you prefer a diff, or would you prefer something else entirely?

If we find an easy way to turn your changes to msgstr entries of en_US into a new version of sympa.pot, then it would make things easier to schedule this work for a later Sympa release.

When I get the time to sit down and do a bulk update of the en_US translations I could work on finding or creating a tool to do this.

It sounds like a good idea and please send us patches of any cleanup you could perform to both templates and style sheet. We'll apply them to the development CVS branch.

What I'd probably be doing is updating/redesigning them on a virtual robot here, so I could get people's feedback on them. Once I've got them complete and looking such that no one's complaining too loudly then I'll diff them against the source and create a unified patch to make applying it to the upstream easy.

Thanks,
Jeff