devel - Re: [sympa-dev] More -owner Versus -request Fun

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] More -owner Versus -request Fun
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:40:57 -0400

On Oct 28, 2005, at 5:09 AM, Olivier Salaün - CRU wrote:

It sounds like you don't have a proper solution for your migration problem and you're not the first who is facing it. Therefore we've added a new sympa.conf 'return_path_suffix' parameter in Sympa development branch. Attached is a patch that you can probably apply on a 5.1 release. This should allow you to use a diff'erent suffix for return path and use the -owner suffix to contact list owners.

I hope this meets your needs...

Olivier,

This is fantastic! Thank you very much! While I do tend to agree with Serge on minimizing the number of configuration options and do inwardly wonder whether or not simply changing the return path from either a hardcoded $LISTNAME-owner or $LISTNAME$return_path_suffix to another hardcoded address ($LISTNAME-bounces or $LISTNAME-return, for instance) might be better, this should do the trick.

Thanks again,
Jeff