devel - Re: [sympa-dev] More -owner Versus -request Fun

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Jeff Abbott <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] More -owner Versus -request Fun
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:15:50 -0400

On Oct 27, 2005, at 1:03 PM, Adam Bernstein wrote:

My question is: What is the harm in this? Is this a valid
workaround for Duke to use to help ease the transition for our
users? I'm seeing a couple of extraneous log entries, namely:

Interesting idea (and btw, I'm with Elijah in cheering a reassignment of
the aliases to sensible meanings), but doesn't this mean your list
owners are going to receive a copy of every actual bounce message?

I was expecting that to happen as well, but in sympa.pl it drops a message if its sender contains "mailer-daemon" (among other similar addresses), so the message doesn't make it to the list. Check sympa.pl, lines 915-918 (v5.1). This is what's generating the "Ignoring message which would cause a loop, sent by..." log entry from the sympa process.

Thanks,
Jeff