devel - Re: [sympa-dev] changes in Sympa for Shibboleth

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: John-Paul Robinson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] changes in Sympa for Shibboleth
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:08:40 +0200

Hi John-Paul,

If you move your patch to 5.1, then that's fine ; send us the update.
Otherwise, we will shortly try applying it on the dev branch (actually the trunk) and see check the behavior.

I already have some comments on your contribution :
  1. the naming of the new attributes in auth.conf should be changed to match existing ones (like email_http_header) and should not refer to shibboleth or IDP. That's because this feature should remain a 'generic_sso' if possible.
  2. we'll probably have comments on the new netid table ; its name, what it could be used for, wether it is created in the default DB creation script. It is an important issue because the more the DB structure changes, the more users might have problem while updating Sympa.

John-Paul Robinson wrote:
[...]
Regarding the integration, I understand how that goes. :)  I'm actually planning on moving to 5.1 and moving my mods forward.  It might be useful for us both if I do this with your guidance so I can make the resulting diff easier to import. (I recognize the current diff to 5.0b is more like a "this is how I hacked it" example rather than an integration ready diff.)  I'd be happy to persue this so let me know if that would be helpful.