devel - Re: [sympa-dev] sympa 5.1 templates in 5.0?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: John-Paul Robinson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] sympa 5.1 templates in 5.0?
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:29:54 -0500

Well that helps me understand it better. I suspected there were new variables.

While I can't directly include 5.1 templates I'm assuming I can follow the approach of 5.1, ie. use css control look, by modifying the tt2 files in 5.0. Correct? That is, 5.0 relies on the templates to do the rendering so as long as I respect the data in the existing templates, I should be able to customize the look there.

Regarding the integration, I understand how that goes. :) I'm actually planning on moving to 5.1 and moving my mods forward. It might be useful for us both if I do this with your guidance so I can make the resulting diff easier to import. (I recognize the current diff to 5.0b is more like a "this is how I hacked it" example rather than an integration ready diff.) I'd be happy to persue this so let me know if that would be helpful.

~jpr

Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites wrote:
John-Paul Robinson wrote:

Is it possible to use the TT2 based templates from sympa 5.1 in symp 5.0 or have to many other internal changes occurred?

Hi John-Paul

No, you can't. Templates from version 5.1 needs some new vars not provided by version 5.0. I guess you ask it because we still have not included your great contribution in the main CVS branch. I'am sorry for that and I promise you to do it asap.

Serge