devel - [sympa-dev] purpose of alt_emails = classic/ldap?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: John-Paul Robinson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] purpose of alt_emails = classic/ldap?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:31:08 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

Hope you've had a good summer.

I noticed an issue I hadn't addressed in my earlier patch. In the Auth.pm
file's authenticate() function, the password is only verified for
user_table and ldap auth_types. This makes sense based on the original
intent but doesn't cover my modification to support end-user verification
of email addresses when using generic_sso.

I plan to add an ifelse to the list of user_table and ldap in this
function to include generic_sso so that the provided password will get
checked in this case if the force_email_verify flag is set for that
provider. I don't think this will cause any problems.

What I'm not clear on, though, is the action in these conditionals.
Currently they return:

return {'user' => $user,
'auth' => 'classic',
'alt_emails' => {$email => 'classic'}
};

In the case of user_table. I'm nopt sure what the "alt_emails" value is
for. Is it safe to also use "classic" in the case of generic_sso, or
would this break things elsewhere?

Note, the "user_table" code is currently being triggered in my install
because I have a "user_table" auth_type in my auth.conf. I'd like to
remove this auth_type though. My motivation for removing it is mainly to
prevent any attempt allow login's with a "local to sympa" account. (I'm
planning on just allowing generic_sso based logins.)

I have some more questions on this theme, but I'll post them as distinct
emails.

~jpr

  • [sympa-dev] purpose of alt_emails = classic/ldap?, John-Paul Robinson, 08/18/2005