devel - [sympa-dev] preparing sources for contribution

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: John-Paul Robinson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] preparing sources for contribution
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:40:03 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

I'm finally getting around to cleaning up the source mods I made for the
I2 demo. I had done those mods against the installed wwsympa.fcgi, so now
I'm working on a diff against the actual sources.

I want to check and make sure I understand the build process. The
sources include generic tags/pre-process vars for install dirs and other
configure defines. Is it true that all the substitution of these values
occurs only during the make install via subst.pl?

Also, I made my mods against 5.0b1. I know 5.0 has been released. I
recall that the thing that was holding up 5.0 were some translation
issues. Where there other changes that would impact a diff of 5.0b1
wwsympa.fcgi against a 5.0 version. I'm willing to submit a 5.0 diff if
that will help. I'm not assuming my code would be used as-is, so this
issue may be irrelavent.

Thanks and I hope all is well,

~jpr