devel - Re: [sympa-dev] New virtual domain support patches

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Scott Balmos <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] New virtual domain support patches
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:19:27 +0100

Hi Scott,

You've obviously done a great job.
Unfortunately we cannot integrate your work on our CVS tree, because introducing full virtual robots is one of the most very sensible work we've ever performed on Sympa. These changes, if uncompletely achieved, could break almost any feature in the software. As we told you earlier, we've already started similar developments in the 'sympa-fullvr' CVS branch and it would take a huge amount of time auditing your patches. Actually the most usefull contribution, as far as we're concerned, is your message detailling what changes you intended to perform in the code/database because we can easily compare it with our own work.

I hope this message will not discourage you to contribute to the Sympa project, but this is the most honest response we can provide.

Thank you.

Scott Balmos wrote:

Attached is an archive of the latest rounds of my virtual domain support patches for 5.0b1. These patches, minus the ones that modify the tt2 templates, have been running in semi-production on one of my servers for about three weeks now flawlessly.

Hope this makes a good running start to the newly-created CVS branch for this type of development. :) Comments, problems, improvement suggestions, always welcome. My inbox is (almost) always open.