devel - [sympa-dev] Bugreports, bugfixes, enchancements, questions

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Hargitai Gábor <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-dev] Bugreports, bugfixes, enchancements, questions
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 23:51:19 +0100

Hi all

I have some $subject, and I don't want to open 10 bugreport, so I write
one big letter.
Everything is for Sympa version 5.0b.1 so some of these may be fixed.
Bugs:
- in List.pm export (line 1149) doesn't have gettext_id and f_dir's
gettext_id is empty(line 852).
- In wwsympa.fcgi some message aren't i18n. Two example: line 4005
no_msg_document and line 6134 no_bouncing_subscriber, but there are
others too.
- in suboptions.tt2 in line 18 the Help button isn't i18n.
This two bugs http://listes.cru.fr/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0000378
and http://listes.cru.fr/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0000377 are
similar to these problems.

The src/etc/create_list_templates directory contains i18n messages, but
the po/Makefile doesn't check it so you should add
src/etc/create_list_templates/*/* at the and of line 28 and update
sympa.pot and the po files.
If I send a help command to address@concealed I always get english text,
but my users and sympas language is hu, and I translated every message
in hu.po (I will send an updated hu.po in a couple of days).

Enchancement:
if a moderator gets an Article to be approved for... message, he doesn't
know who is the sender until he opens the attached message but the from
the sender it's often obvious that the mail is a spam. The sollution is
simple: modify List.pm near line 2519 so it looks like this
my $msgfrom=$msg->head->get('From');
chomp($msgfrom);
$self->send_file('moderate', \@rcpt, $self->{'domain'}, {'modkey'
=> $modkey,

'boundary' => $boundary,
'msg' =>
$file,
'method'
=> $method,
'from'
=> &Conf::get_robot_conf($robot, 'sympa'),

'msgfrom' => $msgfrom
});
so the template gets the sender and modify mail_tt2/modindex.tt2 line 3
looks like this:
Subject: [% FILTER qencode %][%|loc(list.name)%]Article to be approved
for list %1[%END%] from [% msgfrom %][%END%]
Of course the po-s need update after it.

I created a Gentoo ebuild and a sample Gentoo apache2 config file for
sympa. I will send it in a few days (they need some polishing).

Question
How to use rss? If I try http://domain.org/wws/rss firefox tries to
download it, if I try it with Thunderbird it says it isn't a valid. I
tried to put <?xml version="1.0"?> on the begining of web_tt2/rss.tt2 (I
think it doesn't hurt), but it doesn't help. And you should put a <link
REL="alternate" type="application/xml" title="RSS"
href="http://my.server/wws/rss/latest_arc/mylist?for=3&count=6";> line in
the head of each lists' page so the users are notified that they can
subscribe to an rss channel.

If I create a new list template in create_list_templates then it has
i18n strings but I can only place them in sympa.pot so I have to work at
every new sympa release to place these strings at the end of sympa.pot
and the po's. Can I create custom pot and pos like I can create custom
templates or gettext can't do this?

My ordinary question :) : when do you plan to release a final 5.0 or at
least a new beta which includes these an other bugfixes?
--
Üdv
Gábor