devel - Re: [sympa-dev] tt2-based i18n and draft po files ready

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Adam Bernstein <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] tt2-based i18n and draft po files ready
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:13:26 +0200

Adam Bernstein wrote:
Ok, but maybe the wiser solution would be to still recognise/parse old
template files. This way we won't break any customization job.

Yes, PLEASE preserve this compatibility if possible; we have heavily
customized our entire Sympa interface, and would like not to lose that
(although we might anyway with the new Web UI).

We'll do our best to keep things stable.
Also, FYI, we're submitting a proposal for a job to implement Sympa for someone who needs some functions that it doesn't yet have, mostly around stats reporting and bounce management.
We've got someone, Benoit Ortner, who has already started the work to automate bounces management. He should finish this work this summer (in August).
I'm hoping that part of that will also be a new "List admin wizard", to simplify the choices for list administrators and move scenario selection to the background (which Olivier says is not part of the new Web UI).  I'd like to see some of this work go back into the project, so I may have some questions for you soon and some code in a couple of months.  :)

Great, we wait for the questions and the code :)
--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites