devel - RE: [sympa-dev] tt2-based i18n and draft po files ready

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Adam Bernstein" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-dev] tt2-based i18n and draft po files ready
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 05:57:39 -0700

> >* customized template in the original format could be converted by:
> > perl -Isrc -p -e 'require
> > "src/tt2.pl";$_=Sympa::Template::Compat::_translate($_)'
> > <old-template-to-convert>
> >

> Ok, but maybe the wiser solution would be to still recognise/parse old
> template files. This way we won't break any customization job.

Yes, PLEASE preserve this compatibility if possible; we have heavily
customized our entire Sympa interface, and would like not to lose that
(although we might anyway with the new Web UI).

Also, FYI, we're submitting a proposal for a job to implement Sympa for
someone who needs some functions that it doesn't yet have, mostly around
stats reporting and bounce management. I'm hoping that part of that will
also be a new "List admin wizard", to simplify the choices for list
administrators and move scenario selection to the background (which
Olivier says is not part of the new Web UI). I'd like to see some of
this work go back into the project, so I may have some questions for
you soon and some code in a couple of months. :)

adam
NPOGroups.org and ElectricEmbers.net