devel - Stable release : Sympa 3.4.4.1

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, address@concealed, address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Stable release : Sympa 3.4.4.1
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 11:04:39 +0200

The latest stable version of Sympa was released last february (Sympa 3.4.3.1) and because we were reported a few annoying we have decided to release a new stable version (from the stable CVS branch). We are also happy to bring back RPMs for Sympa thanks to Guy Paressant's precious help. In the meanwhile we are working on new features on the development branch, currently automatic bounces management (A reminder of Sympa 4.0 target).

Sympa 3.4.4.1 main changes  :
  • No more use Locale::Msgcat for NLS management, this allows running SYmpa on MacOS X (Benoit Ortner)
  • Sympa is now able to create its database (try as root) and tables at first startup
  • HTML version of moderated messages were generated by WWSympa, but recent release of MhOnArc (5.6) refuse to run SetUID. Therefore mhonarc is now run by sympa.pl when storing moderated messages. When upgrading you should run the mod2html.pl script.
Main bug fixes :
  • Incorrect LDAP password crashes wwsympa
  • Incorrect Sybase (DBD::Sybase 0.95) connect string
  • Sympa.pl could die with error "Can't call method "decode" on an undefined value" while decoding malformed multipart messages
  • include2 lists subscribers are deleted when a problem occur with the datasource LDAP server
  • If a list param does not exist, scenario verification failed.
Download sources : http://www.sympa.org/distribution/sympa-3.4.4.1.tar.gz
RedHat RPM : http://www.sympa.org/distribution/binaries/
Mandrake RPM : ftp://ftp.ac-nantes.fr/pub/sympa

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites