devel - Alias manager handling in 3.4.3

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Alias manager handling in 3.4.3
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 01:10:56 +0100

Hello, Sympa developers !

I noticed that the alias_manager configuration option no longer works
in 3.4.3 and to be honest, I don't like this change. Aliases on our
site are stored in a MySQL database, where Exim happily picks them
up. With a custom alias_manager script, creation and deletion of
lists worked perfectly together. Is it possible to restore this
functionality ?

While on this subject, I think the status check in _install_aliases
is broken. To get this exit state from system, you need
to bitshift it first (see perldoc -f system):

You can check all the failure possibilities by
inspecting $? like this:

$exit_value = $? >> 8;
$signal_num = $? & 127;
$dumped_core = $? & 128;

If I come around to change the code, I'll send you a patch.

However, much thanks for this great product. I'm building up a
system with virtual robots and I'm quite fond of it.

Bye
racke