devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Alias manager handling in 3.4.3

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Alias manager handling in 3.4.3
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:57:49 +0100

Hi

address@concealed wrote:

I noticed that the alias_manager configuration option no longer works
in 3.4.3 and to be honest, I don't like this change. Aliases on our
site are stored in a MySQL database, where Exim happily picks them
up. With a custom alias_manager script, creation and deletion of
lists worked perfectly together. Is it possible to restore this
functionality ?

Ok, you are using a configuration where aliases can't be managed
just by templates. I propose to re-introduce alias_manager configuration
parameter which will be optionnal. The default way to manage
alias will still be the alias template method but if alias_manager
is defined any external script will be allowed.

While on this subject, I think the status check in _install_aliases
is broken. To get this exit state from system, you need
to bitshift it first (see perldoc -f system):

It seems to me that this as been fixed in the following patch :
http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi.diff?r1=1.292.2.11&r2=1.292.2.12

Serge

  • Alias manager handling in 3.4.3, sympa-lists, 02/17/2003
    • Re: [sympa-dev] Alias manager handling in 3.4.3, Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites, 02/17/2003