devel - Mhonarc 2.5 stripping <a href>'s in archives

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: Mhonarc 2.5 stripping <a href>'s in archives
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:20:32 +0100

On the 17th of January we were reported a problem with Sympa archiving HTML
messages,
problem
and we reported the problem to mhonarc developers.

Mhonarc 2.6 is just released and it has a fix for this problem :

* m2h_text_html::filter (mhtxthtml.pl):
* <a href>'s are now preserved when cid: only URLs enabled (the
default). This prevents regular hyperlinks in HTML messages from
getting stripped, which I think most people desire. Otherwise,
the allownoncidurls option must be used, and then this opens one
up to potential XSS attacks.

Reference: http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/CHANGES

--
Olivier Salaun