devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Re: General Informations about Sympe source code to a new developer

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: LEOST Jean-François <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Re: General Informations about Sympe source code to a new developer
  • Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 17:20:33 +0100

If I understand, you want to allow users to select filters to receive
only part of a mailing list traffis (the one they chose).

Sympa is almost able to meet your needs, let me explain you :

1/ Extending Sympa database structure
First have a look at
http://www.sympa.org/doc/sympa/node8.html#SECTION00860000000000000000

You can extend either user_table or subscriber_table with your 'topics' field.
I guess extending subscriber_table would best suite you,
See http://www.sympa.org/doc/sympa/node6.html#db-additional-subscriber-fields

2/ Using news DB fields in scenarii

Now you have defined your 'topics' field in sympa.conf, you can access it
is scenarii as [subscriber->topics], like this :
match([msg_body], /[subscriber->topics]/) smtp,md5 -> do_it

**BUT** Sympa has no scenario that tells if a message will be sent to a user
(and
it would cost too much CPU, since it would be evaluated for each subscriber).
Therefore, you can't use scenarii for your needs, you should customize
List::distribute_msg() instead.

The feature you request in our development plans but we don't have time right
now.

LEOST Jean-François wrote:
One question to you, not about code design, but about that I can do with
scenarii.

There isn't topics in sympa
I want my user choose topics et receive only message about this topics.

Can I add this functionnality to :
add a field in 'user_table' call 'topics',
add a function in sympa scenarii analyser like
has_this_topics(user_topics_list,topic_searching)
add a scenarii with this instructions :
has_this_topics(subscriber->topics,msg_object) smtp,md5,smime -> do_it()
true() smtp,md5,smime -> reject()

using that with an e-mail object like :
[topic:email_topic] and the other part of the object

Can i do my functionnality like that ?

--
Olivier Salaun
Comite Reseau des Universites

  • Re: [sympa-dev] Re: General Informations about Sympe source code to a new developer, Olivier Salaun - CRU, 12/06/2002