devel - Performances?

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Performances?
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:14:18 +0200

I am currently looking for a mailing list solution that would allow me to do
something similar to:
http://p2p.wrox.com

I already manage around 10 mailing-lists/discussion groups through
Yahoogroups but I want to move these groups to my own server.

Lyris seems to offer the best solution but is also one of the most expensive
one. Sympa looks like a good alternative but I could not find any numbers
about performances. For instance, I would be interested to know which mail
program (sendmail, qmail, ..) is giving the best results. I would also be
interested to know if Sympa can reasonably be expected to work fine with
relatively large mailing lists (a few thousands subscribers) and what was the
biggest mailing list succesfully managed with Sympa...
I intend to have everything running on the same server (database, mail, web
server).

Thanks!

Stephane Boucher

  • Performances?, s_boucheryah, 09/17/2002