devel - Re: [sympa-dev] umask value in config file must be decimal

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] umask value in config file must be decimal
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:33:41 +0200

Hi Sergiy,

You're right, the umask was used as a decimal value. We've fixed that :

http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/src/sympa.pl.diff?r1=1.101&r2=1.102
http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/src/task_manager.pl.diff?r1=1.44&r2=1.45
http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/wwsympa/archived.pl.diff?r1=1.26&r2=1.27
http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/wwsympa/bounced.pl.diff?r1=1.36&r2=1.37
http://listes.cru.fr/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/sympa/wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi.diff?r1=1.280&r2=1.281

Thanks for reporting this problem.

Sergiy Zhuk wrote:

It looks like umask value in sympa.conf must be specified in decimal form,
not in the "normal" octal form.
Same thing with the default value in Conf.pm.
If you specify '027' in the config file, umask() sets it to 27 decimal,
which is not what you've intended.
I've noticed that in arc directory, archive dirs had incorrect permissions.
Currently I've replaced 027 to 23 in sympa.conf and Conf.pm.
You either want to process octal number correctly in Conf.pm or mention in
the manual that the umask value in sympa.conf must be decimal.