devel - Re: [sympa-dev] spip + sympa

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Aumont <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Fil <address@concealed>, Sympa-Dev <address@concealed>, spip-dev <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] spip + sympa
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:47:59 +0200

Hi,

Let me provide a bit more details about how Sympa SOAP server works ;
Mathieu Jan the developer of it might complete:
(For more info about SOAP and Web Services, see http://www.soaplite.com/)

Sympa's SOAP server includes all Sympa libraries so it does not have to
redefine configuration loading, commands behavior, authentication,...
It is written in Perl using SOAP::Lite module. Because it was initially
written to interface Sympa with an e-vote program (mod_survey), currently
it only implements a subset of Sympa's functions :
* isSubscriber() : tells if a user is subscribed to a list
* amI() : tells if a user is owner of a list
* review() : review a list's subscribers

But more will be integrated soon (subscribe(), unsubscribe(), which(),
set_option(), get_arc(),...)

An XML document (WSDL actually) defines completely what SympaSOAP service
consists of :
http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/distribution/contrib/sympasoap/SympaSOAP-0.1/server/Sympa.wsdl

Currently authentication elements are provided as parameters to the SOAP
methods (until
SAML is used).
Example for Review function where an email (sender) and password are
requested as part
of the reviewRequest :
<!-- This is defined in the Sympa.wsdl file -->
<message name="reviewRequest">
<part name="list" type="xsd:string"/>
<part name="robot" type="xsd:string"/>
<part name="sender" type="xsd:string"/>
<part name="password" type="xsd:string"/>
</message>

<message name="reviewResponse">
<part name="return" type="xsdl:ArrayOfString"/>
</message>

Here is a simple Perl script that does queries the Sympa SOAP server :
http://www.sympa.org/distribution/contrib/sympasoap/SympaSOAP-0.1/client.pl

SPIP could easily query a Sympa SOAP server to subscribe, unsubscribe
authors within SPIP.

SympaSOAP 0.1 is already available for download (not in CVS yet) and some
SOAP PHP libraries are under development : see
http://dietrich.ganx4.com/nusoap/

We can provide SPIP developers with a sample list on sympa.org and a running
SympaSOAP daemon for testing purpose...

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités