devel - include_list fallback

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: include_list fallback
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:25:28 -0800 (PST)

hi

as a follow-up to my prev. message:

Do you think it would be a good idea to have a fallback in case your data
source is not available, e.g. your data source is include_SQL and the remote
database is not available (connection refused, access denied etc) ?
If we already have the active cache file, I think it makes sense to use that
old data instead of saying the list is unknown and removing digests...

It's fairly simply to implement:

unless (defined $included) {
&do_log('err', 'Inclusion %s failed in list %s',$type, $name);
$total = undef;
last;

Instead of doing this, we rename old file back to its original name and
using the old cache file.

I can either implement it as yet another option or just always fallback,
which, I believe, makes more sense.

What do you all think ?

thanks

--