devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Performance problem

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Petr Prazak <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Performance problem
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 13:33:14 +0200

Petr Prazak wrote:

> I have filled a list with some 320 thousand subscribers (converting
> from Majordomo).
> [...]
> I when I log to the WWSympa (as the listmaster), and want to see a
> list of lists, the page timeouts and the load of the machine goes to "2.66,
> 3.83, 2.69"
> [...]
> There must be inherited problem with database queries, because before
> I had only about 500 items in the tables, now there is about 325 thousand
> records!
>
> I'm using MySQL 3.23.32-1.7, and I've done resorting of indexes with
> the myisamchk, as suggested.
>
> Please advice what should I do.

You probably need to customize your MySQL configuration.
With MySQL standard distribution you will find sample config files
for small to huge databases. Check in /usr/share/mysql (on RH Linux).
Basically you can customize buffer, stack and cache size.

What is your hardware profile ? (CPU, Mem, Disk controller)

You should first check mysql log file to find out what SQL queries
are performed by Sympa. Then try running them using mysql client
to find out which ones are critical.

--
Olivier Salaün
Comité Réseau des Universités