devel - Re: [sympa-dev] Performance problem

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Petr Prazak <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] Performance problem
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 11:24:05 +0200

Petr Prazak wrote:

> But there are a lots of do_log calls, which do not end up in the SYMPA
> logs. Even when I added the *.debug lines to syslog, I could not see
> them. I wonder why.

Most traces are logged with 'debug2' facility, which is logged to STDERR
only when the -d option is set in sympa.pl ; no way to set -d option in
wwsympa.

We wish to change logging behaviour of Sympa the following way :
1/ use debug instead of debug2
2/ also log debug(2) messages to the log file (not only STDERR)
3/ allow debug in wwsympa with a prefix in the URL.
Example : http://my.server/wws/debug/info/foolist
^^^^^

--
Olivier Salaün