devel - Re: [sympa-dev] is_moderated

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • To: Petr Prazak <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-dev] is_moderated
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:13:33 +0200

Petr Prazak wrote:

> I have taken a look at the List::is_moderated. It seem that it gets
> defined sometimes, even when the list of editors is empty.
>
> [...]
> I have changed it to the following:
> [...]
> return 0 if (not defined $ref); # this is probably unnecessary
> return 0 if (not defined $ref->{'admin'}{'editor'});
> return 1 if (scalar @{$ref->{'admin'}{'editor'}});
> [...]
> However, I am no Perl guru and it seems to fix only the consequence, not
> the cause. :)

I corrected the cause of the problem :

You had an empty mailto: URLs on the list's web page because the
editor's
entry in the list's config had an #empty# gecos ; I'd rather say a gecos
with spaces. Therefore, you have an empty HTML anchor.

I solved the problem down in List::_load_list_param(), considering a
value
with spaces ONLY as an undefined value :

## Empty value
if ($value =~ /^\s*$/) {
return undef;
}