devel - Re[2]: [sympa-dev] Sympa l10n and other issues

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Petr Prazak <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaun <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re[2]: [sympa-dev] Sympa l10n and other issues
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 21:30:21 +0200

Hello Olivier,

OS> Petr Prazak wrote:

>> 1. /etc/wwsympa.conf:
>> The 'title' parameter should be included in the catalog to be localizable.
OS> This should be customized by almost every site, that's why it's not
OS> in NLS.

But I cannot localize this title. I will see my (english) title even
when i have other language turned on. Do you see ?

>> 2. The <TITLE> line in the HTML mails is redundant.
OS> Do you mean in welcome.tpl ?

Yes.

>> 3. All mail templates must be able to set its own charset by means of
>> Content-Type parameter, the Czech translation is using the iso-8859-2
>> encoding and it must be enforced in all emails.

OS> That's because we can't access NLS entries (such as 12/2) within
OS> templates.

No, you may not understand. The mail templates have to set its own
Content-Type, especially charset as it is in the welcome.tpl and
others.

>> 6. Wish: It would be nice to let the anonymous user to change the
>> language of the WWSympa. I'd like to have the WWSympa in English, but
>> I will have the most users Czech speaking. The place at the top (next
>> to the Login link) seems ideal to me.

OS> WWSympa would have to store this preference somewhere (probably in
OS> a HTTP cookie). It would be more interresting to use the user's
OS> navigator's preferred language (HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE environment var).
OS> But lots of people use english versions of navigator.

Yes the cookie is ideal place to keep the preference. Once the user is
logged on, the language is taken from his settings. We can combide
both methods: At the start choose the preffered language and then let
the user choose the language.

>> 7. Problem?: I have created a testing list. I keep getting the
>> is_moderated set on, even if the list has no editors. Do you know what
>> may be wrong ?

OS> I suppose you mean the [is_moderated] var available in templates.
OS> Have a look at list_menu.tpl for an example :
OS> (it works well for us)
OS> [IF is_moderated]
OS> Moderators
OS> [FOREACH e IN editor]
OS> <BR><FONT SIZE=-1><A
HREF="mailto:[e->>NAME]">[e->gecos]</A></FONT>
OS> [END]
OS> [ENDIF]

Yes that's right. But, the is_moderated returns true even if the list
of editors is empty! so I can see the text Moderators but nothing
follows it.

--
Best regards,
Petr Prazak