devel - Sympa l10n and other issues

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: Petr Prazak <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Sympa l10n and other issues
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:43:03 +0200

Hello Sympa developers,

I made the Czech translation, which is now in the CVS.
I found few problems while translating.
I'm new to Sympa so if something is my (or configuration) fault,
please excuse me.

1. /etc/wwsympa.conf:
The 'title' parameter should be included in the catalog to be localizable.

2. The <TITLE> line in the HTML mails is redundant.

3. All mail templates must be able to set its own charset by means of
Content-Type parameter, the Czech translation is using the iso-8859-2
encoding and it must be enforced in all emails.

4. The welcome.tpl template is text/html by default. I don't know your
opinions, but I'd much prefer using multipart/alternative with both
text/plain and text/html. Please, see the Czech translation for the
example.

5. Lots of texts is hardcoded in the wwslib.pm - usually the choices
in the combo boxes. These texts should be taken from the catalog as
well.

6. Wish: It would be nice to let the anonymous user to change the
language of the WWSympa. I'd like to have the WWSympa in English, but
I will have the most users Czech speaking. The place at the top (next
to the Login link) seems ideal to me.

7. Problem?: I have created a testing list. I keep getting the
is_moderated set on, even if the list has no editors. Do you know what
may be wrong ?

Best regards,
Petr Prazak