devel - RE: [sympa-dev] Encrypted password

Subject: Developers of Sympa

  • From: "Nicolas Brouard" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-dev] Encrypted password
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:22:55 +0100

Do you mean that with a reversible encryption asap the list-manager cannot
use it for his own profit?

Log files of passwords are not very fair and must be avoided.

With the solution proposed earlier, which already exists in other web
mailing lists, we escape from these problems. Most of the security problems
come from internal managers not from external hackers.

Nicolas