Subject: Let's Translate Sympa
- From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
- To: address@concealed, address@concealed
- Subject: [Let's Translate Sympa] Sympa 6.2.48 released
- Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 18:41:13 +0900 (JST)
Title: Release Sympa 6.2.48 released ・ sympa-community/sympa
29 September 2019
The Sympa Community is proud to release the newest version of Sympa.
Sympa 6.2.48 is the newest stable version of Sympa 6.2 (Note that 6.2.46 has been withdrawn).
- Download source distribution
- Check the release notes
- Check the upgrade instructions from earlier versions
- How to contribute to Sympa
This version fixes several bugs, and introduces some enhancements. Translations to several languages have been mostly completed. Administrators are encouraged to upgrade Sympa to this version.
Highlight of this version
- Data sources: Codebase has entirely been rewritten. It will work a bit faster with less memory usage in exchange for some changes on behaviors.
- Perl: From now on, Perl earlier than 5.10.1 will never be supported.
Thanks to heavy works by translators on translation site, Sympa almost completely supports following languages:
- German (Deutsch)
- Spanish (Espanol)
- French (Francais)
- Galician (Galego)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Russian (Русский)
- US English
Along with languages above, help documents for users are provided in following languages:
- Catalan (Catala)
- Basque (Euskara)
- Polish (Polski)
Currently, FreeBSD ports/packages provides
mail/sympa with Sympa 6.2.44.
RPM: Sympa is available in both Fedora and EPEL
Xavier Bachelot has been working to add Sympa to Fedora and EPEL (Extras packages for Enterprise Linux) for years. From now on, sympa RPMs will be provided through these repositories.
To install Sympa packages on Fedora, use :
dnf install sympa
For RHEL/CentOS with the additional EPEL repository, use :
yum install sympa
RPMs for pre-release (beta) versions of Sympa are provided in a COPR
sympa-beta repository (See the documentation for details).
All current Fedora versions and RHEL/CentOS 6 and 7 are supported. However, please note sympa is not yet available for RHEL/CentOS 8, this is still a work in progress.
Planned changes in the future
New Sympa logo
New Sympa logo is proposed. If you have any idea, please comment on the issue #665.
- [Let's Translate Sympa] Sympa 6.2.48 released, IKEDA Soji, 09/29/2019
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.