Subject: Let's Translate Sympa
- From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
- To: address@concealed, address@concealed
- Subject: [Let's Translate Sympa] Sympa 6.2.46 released
- Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 21:03:23 +0900 (JST)
Title: Release Sympa 6.2.46 released ・ sympa-community/sympa
23 September 2019
The Sympa Community is proud to release the newest version of Sympa.
Sympa 6.2.46 is the newest stable version of Sympa 6.2.
- Download source distribution
- Check the release notes
- Check the upgrade instructions from earlier versions
- How to contribute to Sympa
This version fixes several bugs, and introduces some enhancements. Translations to several languages have been mostly completed. Administrators are encouraged to upgrade Sympa to this version.
Highlight of this version
- Data sources: Codebase has entirely been rewritten. It will work a bit faster with less memory usage in exchange for some changes on behaviors.
- Perl: From now on, Perl earlier than 5.10.1 will never be supported.
Thanks to heavy works by translators on translation site, Sympa almost completely supports following languages:
- German (Deutsch)
- Spanish (Español)
- French (Français)
- Galician (Galego)
- Italian (Italiano)
- Japanese (日本語)
- Russian (Русский)
- US English
Along with languages above, help documents for users are provided in following languages:
- Catalan (Català)
- Basque (Euskara)
- Polish (Polski)
Currently, FreeBSD ports/packages provides
mail/sympa with Sympa 6.2.44.
RPM: Sympa is joining to Fedora/EPEL
Xavier Bachelot has been working to add Sympa to Fedora/EPEL for years. Now it is coming true.
To install Sympa packages under tests on Fedora/EPEL, you have to enable "testing" repository, like:
dnf install --enablerepo=updates-testing sympa
or, with EPEL,
yum install --enablerepo=epel-testing sympa
In near future, RPM will be provided through these repositories. Until then, administrators who need stable RPM packages may use older repository,
Sympa-JA.org. RPMs for pre-release (beta) vdersion of Sympa are provided by COPR
sympa-beta repository (See the documentation for details).
Planned changes in the future
New Sympa logo
New Sympa logo is proposed. If you have any idea, please comment on the issue #665.
- [Let's Translate Sympa] Sympa 6.2.46 released, IKEDA Soji, 09/23/2019
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.