packagers - Re: RPM for RHEL5 / CentOS5

Subject: List for people interesting in developping and using Sympa packages

  • From: IKEDA Soji <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: RPM for RHEL5 / CentOS5
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:11:53 +0900

Stefan,

On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:37:56 +0200
"Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed> wrote:

> On 10/29/2010 07:17 AM, IKEDA Soji wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I built Sympa RPM packages for Red Hat EL 5 / CentOS 5:
> > http://sympa-JA.org/download/RHEL5/
> >
> > Contents:
> > sympa - Sympa core.
> > sympa-httpd - Web interfaces for Apache HTTP Server.
> > sympa-lighttpd - Web interfaces for lighttpd.
> >
> > Most of dependencies rely on RPMForge. Several packages not yet
> > included in RPMForge will be found at site above (I am planning
> > to support EPEL on RHEL6).
> >
> > As discussed recently, some depending packages conflict with
> > official packages (perl-File-Temp& perl-CGI). So they are
> > bundled into Sympa package itself.
> >

> What's the difference between the Apache and lighttpd interfaces?

Difference is which HTTP server is used to provide Web interface.
"sympa-httpd" uses "mod_fcgid" and "httpd".
"sympa-lighttpd" uses "lighttpd-fastcgi" and "lighttpd".

You may choose one of them suited for your environment.

Thanks.

--
IKEDA Soji Security & OSS solutions div, Conversion Co., Ltd.
Herios Kannai bldg. 7F, 3-21-2 Motohama-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama 231-0004