fr - [sympa-fr] summary reception mode

Objet : Pour les administrateurs de serveurs de listes utilisant le logiciel Sympa

  • From: Marc Meurrens {HMp} <adresse@cachée>
  • To: adresse@cachée
  • Subject: [sympa-fr] summary reception mode
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 13:18:09 +0200

Hello,

I don't like posting the same message to 2 different lists
(specially when they probably share many subscribers)
and I disagree with such behaviour.

However, as new user of Sympa and new subscribers of these lists,
I am not sure of the specificities of the lists sympa-users and sympa-fr
As I didn't receive answers to a question posted on sympa-users,
may be this list was not the appropriate list?
So I try posting on sympa-fr.

Sorry for those that have already read my message on the other list.

Regards
</marc>
Hello,

Is there a way in version 5.3.4
(or hopefully a way in version 6...)
to propose an intermediate reception mode
between 'nomail' and the current 'summary' :

- do NOT receive each and every message posted on the list
- BUT receive the weekly very short and usefull report
  providing links to the archives
  (as currently provided weekly by the 'summary' mode)

The current problem is that the 'summary' option
provides BOTH the summary AND all messages.
Thus, more messages and a little bit more volume that the
'mail' option.

The 'digest' (or 'digesthtml') mode provides a much smaller
number of messages, but finally the same volume.

The 'notice' mode is fine for the owner of numerous
lists to observe the activity of his/her lists. But it is quite
disturbing for the end-user still disturbed each time a message
is posted (with effectively a low volume)

In fact, I am looking for a way to reduce both
- the number of messages received (users claiming
  that they are too busy will not be disturbed
  each time a message is posted)
- the total volume received (as some users claim their mailbox
  is too small)
and to allow those users to still receive a weekly report
providing a way to retrieve the last messages in the archives.

The current alternatives are 'nomail' at all...
or, worst, 'unsubscribe'...

If what I am asking for is not available,
then it's a *wish* I should try to fill in
in a 'whishes list' somewhere...

Thanks for help or suggestions,

</marc>
--
Marc Meurrens
☎ +32 475 46 28 12

☎ numéro mobile recommandé : ☎ +32 475 46 28 12
☎ numéro d'un poste fixe avec possibilité de fax : ☎ +32 2 358 29 18
☎ numéros supprimés définitivement : ☎ +32 2 537 28 12 et ☎ +32 2 537 76 45

GIF image

  • [sympa-fr] summary reception mode, Marc Meurrens {HMp}, 13/09/2009

Archives gérées par MHonArc 2.6.19+.

Haut de le page