en - [en@sympa] Migration to a new server and version

  • From: Saadallah Itani <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Migration to a new server and version
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2024 20:44:57 +0000

Dears,

We are running an old version of sympa/on old Rhel OS. Plan is to migrate the
mailing lists to new OS and new Version.
Question is that some of the lists are dynamic through oracle db gets
populated by a customzied perl script that fills Sympa mysql db in the Src
column and another thing is that we use exim to send email to an Smpt servers
which we need to decomission soon.
What is the best practice to migrate without heavy downtime and smoothly? And
does new versions of Sympa connects to office365 instead of non-auth local
smtp servers without problems?
Does new version supports dynamic list poplualtion without doing a script.
Those are my concerns I hope someone can address.

Current sympa version is: 6.1.17

Thank you

Regards,
Saad