en - [en@sympa] Postfix? Only if I have to... :)

  • From: Tom Fillmore <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Postfix? Only if I have to... :)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 00:50:18 +0000

Hi, all -

I am not a big postfix fan.  When configured correctly it is really great, but getting it to that point is difficult if you have to do anything more than a reasonably basic setup.  I know sympa can work with more than the usual smtp servers (postfix, exim, sendmail, etc) and I have come across one called Stalwart that is written in Rust and looks amazing on paper (https://github.com/stalwartlabs/smtp-server).  I'd like to give it a go.

Questions:
  • Does anyone have experience with Stalwart?
  • Any insight/reccs/gotchas for using a different smtp server?
  • Any other personal favorite servers?

Just replying with links is fine.

Thanks in advance!

Tom Fillmore
southern California

The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens...
- Baha'u'llah