en - [en@sympa] Setting up sympa 6.2.72 - sympa_transport to db

  • From: Tim Kuehn <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Setting up sympa 6.2.72 - sympa_transport to db
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2024 17:27:11 -0500

Thanks to some back-channel emails I got the web page working.

My last issue is what mapping program to use for sympa_transport.

The docs say to use postmap for a virtual domain setting:

From https://www.sympa.community/manual/install/configure-mail-server-postfix.html

Edit sympa.conf to add following lines (Note: replace $SYSCONFDIR below):

sendmail_aliases $SYSCONFDIR/sympa_transport
aliases_program postmap
aliases_db_type hash

When I try that I get an error

postmap: warning: /etc/sympa/sympa_transport, line 2: record is in "key: value" format; is this an alias file?

"newaliases" doesn't create a sympa_transport.db file.

I've seen reference to postalias which does create a .db file.

Which is the sympa-approved way of doing this?

--
Tim Kuehn - Senior Consultant
Ph: 519-781-0081