en - [en@sympa] Setting up sympa 6.2.72 web interface

  • From: Tim Kuehn <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [en@sympa] Setting up sympa 6.2.72 web interface
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2024 15:53:39 -0500

Hello -

Long-time sympa user moving to a clean install on a new rocky linux instance.

I've installed the RPM version of sympa and got sympa to respond to a "help" email command so the email support is working.

What I'm challenged with is getting the web interface working.
I'm following the instructions in this web page
https://www.sympa.community/manual/install/configure-http-server.html#virtual-domain-setting

In the 5.* version apache had a location redirect to a sympa service, the 6.2.72 version doesn't appear to need that .I suspect technology's changed while I was working on other things so I'm wonder if there's something I'm missing or is the default virtual domain setup instructions are hard to implement and I should use the FastCGI setup configuration.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
---
Tim Kuehn
Ph: 519-781-0081