en - [en@sympa] permanently allowing a user to post in a moderated maillist

  • From: karrageorgiou giannis <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [en@sympa] permanently allowing a user to post in a moderated maillist
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 09:15:26 +0000 (UTC)

dear Sympa people,

I have two questions (requests?) for you:

*1 remember positive answers

I have setup several maillists that are moderated for non-subscribers
(what you call privateOrEditorKey)

when I have to allow or drop/reject an incoming mail from a non-subscribed
sender, I
get the option (in the relevant web page) to permanently ban the sender. I
miss the
option to permanently allow the sender because I get a lot of that too (I had
this
option when I was using mailMan and I think it is more useful than its
negation
you have in sympa)

Is there any way to permanently add a sender address as "accepted"?
(I don't mean only via web; editing by hand a config file or a database table
are methods I could live with)

*2 intra-domain trust

most of my maillists are of the same domain, people are usually subscribed
on a small number of these, but occasionally mail the other groups and their
mails
delay until I can allow them. Is there a way to put in effect a rule saying
If the sender to address@concealed is a subscriber to address@concealed
then the mail should be automatically accepted?

thanks for any answer, kind thanks for your awesome software
and have a nice holiday vacation!