en - RE: [en@sympa] Some list members are not allowed to send

  • From: "Widerski, Betty" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [en@sympa] Some list members are not allowed to send
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 12:23:15 +0000

Frank,

More detail about Gerard's solution:

In order for it to work you must have a send. scenari that includes
permissions for subscribers to send. There may be a default one, but we use
our own self-created ones. For example: in /etc/sympa/scenery we have "
send.closed_post_nonsub_bounce" which looks like

title.gettext restricted to subscribers & auth posters, messages from others
are bounced

is_subscriber([listname],[sender]) smtp,dkim,smime,md5 -> do_it
is_editor([listname],[sender]) smtp,dkim,smime,md5 -> do_it
is_owner([listname],[sender]) smtp,dkim,smime,md5 -> do_it
true() smtp,dkim,md5,smime ->
reject(reason='send_subscriber')

This says "if the sender is a list subscriber, a list moderator, or the list
owner, allow posting; anyone else reject the post with a message saying "only
subscribers may post". You could also silently reject by not including
"(reason='send_subscriber')"

This specific send scenari can then be selected as Gerard says.

Betty

Betty Widerski
Cloud & Server Engineering – HBS Information Technology
HARVARD  BUSINESS  SCHOOL
Shad 108 N | address@concealed | T: 617.495.6642